Hey NutraChamps fam! I’m Sam!
I’m a content creator and have created over 3000 videos in 2 years! With this job, it can be very stressful not knowing if you are going to get paid for a game, if viewers will like the game or what I say about it, dealing with timelines, unsatisfied viewers, negative comments, and having my face in the public eye. These factors are all extremely stressful and hard on the mind.
I’m going to cover healthy gaming and computer habits, healthy sitting, and how I work at a computer all day long.
A lot of gamers and people that work at a computer forget about posture, and why it’s so important.
According to the research I’ve done, to have healthy computer habits you need to remember the following:
1. Adjust the chair height so your feet are flat on the floor and your knees are in line (or slightly lower) with your hips.
2. Sit up straight and keep your hips far back in the chair.
3. The back of the chair should be somewhat reclined at a 100- to 110-degree angle.
4. Ensure the keyboard is close and directly in front of you.
5. To help your neck stay relaxed and in a neutral position, the monitor should be directly in front of you, a few inches above eye level.
6. Sit at least 20 inches (or an arm’s length) away from the computer screen.
7. Relax the shoulders and be aware of them rising toward your ears or rounding forward throughout the workday.
With these techniques, you can drastically help your life in many ways. This will also help your productivity in the work you are doing since you are not concentrating on the pain in your body but the work you need to get done.
The next subject I want to cover is proper equipment.
When I’m creating content, I have a sit/stand desk that I use that has an automatic timer on it to make me stand every 30-60 minutes depending on what I want to do that day. Getting a sit/stand desk has improved my computer habits and been a lifesaver for so many reasons. Sitting for long periods of time can be a killer; long-term sitting can have detrimental effects on your body that you’re probably not aware of, so let me list a couple things that can happen from sitting for too long:
1. Your cancer risk goes up.
2. It can lead to varicose veins.
3. Horrible for your back, even if you have the best chair in the world, your spine isn’t going to like it all the time.
4. Doesn’t help with anxiety, and in fact, it can increase anxiety.
5. You could gain weight.
6. You can develop DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) which are clots that can form in your legs which can lead to other complications.
7. It increases the likelihood of heart disease.
8. It can shorten your lifespan, even if you exercise every day; long extended periods of sitting will hurt you in the long run.
9. Sitting also raises your risk of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
10. You can reverse the effects of working out all week just by sitting all day!
Here’s the good news…
You can be active while sitting and avoid all the detrimental side effects I listed above!
For example, I have used a number of things to help keep me active while at the desk. To keep your feet moving there is equipment out there to help you exercise while seated. One of the things I love to use is an under-the-desk bike. There are many different under-desk ellipticals and bikes that you can use while seated. I love to keep my feet moving while burning calories at my desk! Other tools that help keep you in check while sitting include the active sitting footrest. This helps you keep your lower joints mobile by extending and flexing at the ankle.
As they say: “if you don’t use it, you lose it”!
What I love about NutraChamps and their products is that they give back to the world. I quote from the NutraChamps website “Every NutraChamps purchase you make generates a donation of life-changing nutrients to a child or mother in need through Vitamin Angels, our non-profit partner.” I love this! They help out mothers and kids in need!
I love the product I’ve been using from NutraChamps called Ashwagandha. The reason I love this product is that it’s helped calm me down. Sometimes I’m high-strung, other times I’m low-energy, and overall, I’m pretty stressed due to my job as a content creator. It can be very stressful having people stare at your face as if you were on stage at all times and Ashwagandha has helped me overcome that stress in my life. I have noticed a definite change when I started using the product. My family was trying to bug me to get on ADHD meds to try to calm me down. Since using the product, they don’t bug me anymore! They notice the change and it is for the better.
If you want to test out a product, but don’t know if it’s right for you, feel free to use my 10% off code: NORKDORF. NutraChamps guarantees that if you don’t like it, you get your money back, so no harm in trying it out!
I hope this article about healthy sitting and computer habits has helped you! I am all over the place with content creating, I would love for you guys to check out my stuff when you have time!
You can check me out at the following link: https://linksb.io/NorkDorf
If you can drop a subscription on my YouTube channel that would be amazing and help me out tremendously!
Thanks NutraChamps for giving me this opportunity to share some thoughts on sitting at a computer!